I suppose it’s the February cold, but I’ve been seeing so many hawks this past week. On my way to work the other morning I spotted at least five and I don’t have a very far commute. Usually they are perched high and away, but these hawks were perched low, prominently positioned much closer to human activity. The winter search for food must be getting more intense.
Advertisement Notice:Any ads that may appear on this blog are placed by Wordpress; the ads are NOT endorsed by or selected by Nature in the Burbs.
Flickr Photos from Nature in the Burbs
- Yes! 'Exceptional' fall foliage coming to N.J. this fall, forecasters say s.nj.com/GlLtiHK via @njdotcom 9 hours ago
- An apple a day: 15 places to pick your own in N.J. s.nj.com/MwH5jOP via @njdotcom 2 days ago
- Meteor sighted streaking across N.J. sky on Sunday night s.nj.com/SPhjO9I via @njdotcom 3 days ago
- RT @DaveThroupEA: Iceland's the place to be tonight. See a volcano erupting and the Northern Lights at the same time! http://t.co/7k7qVhjbCa 5 days ago
- Thanks for fave @JenLRPhoto 5 days ago
- RT @CB4wildlife: The Many Faces of Primrosewillow bit.ly/1sNh0sh #NativePlants 5 days ago