I woke up this morning to the sight of what I thought were a just few large spiderwebs in the backyard. Due to my arachnophobia, an hour or so passed before I grabbed the camera to explore the spiderwebs more closely. That’s when I realized there were spiderwebs — and naturally, spiders — everywhere. Large, small, thick, thin, perfectly formed or torn up — everywhere I turned my head, there was another spiderweb. They were on the bushes and shrubs. They were hanging off the birdfeeder and lawn furniture. Spiderwebs were stretched out over the pond and webbed over the grass. Apparently, my family is very good at breeding spiders; either that, or spiders love dreary, foggy, humid, wet, New Jersey weather. I realize Halloween is fast approaching, but this all-natural assortment of spooky spiderwebs is not what I had in mind for Halloween decorating. I prefer a few pumpkins or gourds, and maybe a Jack-O-Lantern or two. Spiders and spiderwebs are everywhere this morning, but with Thanksgiving coming I can start to be thankful that the spiders and webs are outside and not in the house. Your comments are welcome!
Advertisement Notice:Any ads that may appear on this blog are placed by Wordpress; the ads are NOT endorsed by or selected by Nature in the Burbs.
Flickr Photos from Nature in the Burbs
- RT @washingtonpost: Wind farms might be killing many more bats than we realize wapo.st/2fUIfm9 11 months ago
- RT @audubonsociety: The little Common Swift is the new record holder for longest uninterrupted flight. ow.ly/L7Qv305WRM0 https://t.co… 11 months ago
- RT @LensReality: Weather in NJ & NY looks great for tonight's full #Supermoon & #HuntersMoon. Best viewing time just after sunset: https://… 1 year ago
- RT @LowerRaritan: Another beautiful bit of writing (and fab photography!) by Joe Mish on owls in the Lower Raritan Watershed: https://t.co/… 1 year ago
- 7 facts about tent caterpillars and why they're all over N.J. this spring s.nj.com/geRivfI 1 year ago
- 2 cars, 125 tires and a pool liner found in North Branch of Raritan River s.nj.com/KTP0PTU 1 year ago