At the corner of the reservoir, in a secluded spot, the hunter (a.k.a. great blue heron) waits motionlessly for a morning meal. Linking to “Friday’s Fences” at Life According to Jan and Jer.
Advertisement Notice:Any ads that may appear on this blog are placed by Wordpress; the ads are NOT endorsed by or selected by Nature in the Burbs.
Flickr Photos from Nature in the Burbs
- RT @EOSredux2: Egret 101 wp.me/p15G6K-5XZ @natureburbs @cornellbirds @audubonsociety #birding #birds 1 hour ago
- RT @USFWSMtnPrairie: There is nothing like a Montana sunrise, especially at the National #BisonRange! #USFWS #WildlifeRefuge http://t.co/Ty… 1 hour ago
- Round Valley: 'There used to be a town down there' mycj.co/1BujAZk via @MyCentralJersey 8 hours ago
- Hawk's Backyard Behavior wp.me/p1Hq8C-qv via NatureintheBurbs@wordpressdotcom 1 day ago
- Snowy owls, rarity in Phila. region, back for second winter po.st/brLC7e via @phillyhealthsci 3 days ago
- A backyard critter taking advantage of the sun today #nature flic.kr/p/r2FvLj 1 week ago